Re: Looking for info from Truckin' Mag

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 03:19:17 EST

I've got the article rightin front of me...

the traction bars were developed by Precision aligment to be sold through
Mopar Performance... didn't happen... I don't even know what happened
with those traction bars! I too was lookin' for a set... you may want to
try to get in touch with Brian McCormick. He's the guy who wrote the
article. Or try Lance Martz... he was on the DML for a while and he's the
Editor in Cheif of MiniTruckin'. They eneded up sellin' that truck for
almost nothin'.. wish I'd bought it =(

oh well... maybe we can get them to make these traction bars!! We'll
probably get that "not enough demand" BS we always get

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota gettin' a Magnum 360!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

On Mon, 06 Mar 2000 23:15:33 -0500 durling@attglobal.net writes:
> I am looking for some further info from the april '97 issue of
> trucking
> magazine. Another member on the list sent me a copy of the article
> "mopar missle" that shows the development of some trick gen II dak
> parts
> by mopar performance. The article started on pages 107-108. What i'm
> looking for is a contact list from the end of the article that has
> the
> phone number for a company called Precision Alignment. It seems that
> they came up with a custom traction bar setup for the dak that was
> supposed to be sold through mopar performance but it didn't seem to
> ever
> happen. (or mopar performance was planning on a '98 release that is
> coming out in 2010) I would like to get ahold of the company to see
> if
> they ever went an further with the traction bars and if they know
> how or
> can make me a set. I believe the article was the finale to a
> succession
> or articles on the buildup of theis truck. Any info would be great.
>
> Jeff Durling
> '96 RC Sport-318

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.