Re: Perma-cool Temp Sensor

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 21:02:21 EST

In a message dated 3/8/00 10:51:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com writes:

> Question for anyone running the Perma-cool sensor. The one I received did
> not have any instructions. I'm assuming (I know this is dangerous) that it
> gets strapped around the upper radiator hose close to the intake. Is this
> correct? If so, about how much tension is recommended? Anything else I
> should know since I have zero instructions? Thanks,

Rich

I have the same one and your assumption is correct but I know the best place
to put it is in the trash. I had instrcutions and installed accordingly but
it does not work properly and gets way too hot before it comes on. I have
switches to both fans where I can run one, two or none. I have the second one
hooked to the AC which comes on OK but you really should have both on with
the AC. I have the other through the thermostat switch thing and it just does
not work right. I am looking for something that will work and it sounds like
the one that Bern has will do the trick. Let me know if you find a use for
the permacool one that will work.

Bill