Re: Stolen Spare

From: blackdak (blackdak@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 20:41:53 EST

I got the spare tire lock from the dealer, it is made by McGuard and
replaces the stock crank down rod with a rod that requires a special insert
to spin it (outer part of rod just spins and does not crank down the wheel).
The rod (key) slips down inside to engage it and then put the standard
ratchet on it to lower it down. New rod (key) stores right in with the other
rods. Was like $18 and just had it added to price of truck. Took like 15 min
to install. of course if crook has a "key rod" then you are sunk.

Gary