Re: V6 1\8th mile times(ATTN Dester)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 00:14:56 EST

I bet I have more weight than you. At the time I went to the track for those
numbers, I had on a 10" air cleaner (I swear) MAYBE a dynomax race magnum
muffler. but I seriously doubt it.

Added weight at the time was a fiberglass tonneau cover (not a shell) MTX
t-form and 2-10" IDQ subs, Basically, the truck was stock pretty much when I
was out there with those times.

The last time I went with a chip and ported tb along with a flowmaster 2
chamber cat back with upgraded y-pipe. It was in the 80s or 90s with high
humidity and my truck was running like crap. I think I got 18.5 in the 1/4
mile (best is 17.441 so far)

When I go this sunday. I'll have my stereo. fiberglass cover, stillen front
spoiler..
electrical fans
jacobs ignition with blaster 2 coil (new)
ported tb
K&N gen 2 alike air intake
upgraded y-pipe
dynomax catback(new, from flowmaster)
180 stat
underdrive pullies(new)
jba v6 headers (new)
deleted jet 2 chip

and this time I'm gonna run on a tank of gas near empty. Last time I was
there with the 18.5s I had a full tank and that was just stupid. so I'm
gonna run this tank down for sunday.

As for your ignition. I don't think it's worth it. Get yourself some
underdrive pullies, an electrical fan, or intake if you don't have one yet.
have fun... if you want an ignition. I'd start with a blaster 2 coil. The
stock coil is extremely small.
-Dester

<< My best one to date was this last weekend. It was
 11.557 at 60.9? mph. Remember, I have my stereo crap
 as well as a fiberglass lid. What mods have you done
 to your truck?! I have a Transgo shift kit, flowmaster
 exhaust, JBA headers, Volant intake, Dodge Viper 1.7
 rocker arms, and I think that is it. I also have the
 3.21 open differential. I wanna get 3.55 LSD but it is
 around $375 for parts only, and I surely don't have
 that to spend.(still looking for a harley) If you have
 a MSD ignition, or something similar, would you
 recommend doing that? I have heard yes and no on that
 one from other people. Was it a major difference?
 Thanks in advance! >>