Re: Re:Ted needs a M1

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 11:48:22 EST

Alan Short wrote:

> > Would you have the part number and what all do I need ?
> > Thanks , Ted O.
>
> I don't actually have the part number.
> I got my M1 from my parts dept. at the dealership. I paid under 200.00
> for it.
> There's a lot of extra work that goes into the swap, Jon Steiger is
> supposed to have a instruction sheet and parts kit for the M1 install.
>
> Alan S.

The part number is P5249816 but there is alot more to go along with that.
I would add Jons kit along with the much needed intake manifold gasket kit
(04897383AB I think) which comes with new intake bolts (you can't reuse
the old ones) and the newer metal reinforced rubber intake end seals.
Figure on at least $300 and NO it is not (by a long shot) smog legal.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"