Re: 4.7 SC question/Powerdyne

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 15:07:57 EST

In a message dated 3/10/00 1:03:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
donny_m_hayes@yahoo.com writes:

> When I went thru the 'swap', I originally intended on
> getting another RT. So I took off my Powerdyne and
> put everything back stock. After driving the new 4.7,
> I fell in love with it and decided to go that route.
> Now I have a powerdyne sc that it collecting dust. I
> wonder, has anyone considered trying to fabricate a
> way to install it on a 4.7? I wonder if powerdyne has
> any plans to build a kit for the 4.7? Maybe I could
> get just the mounting kit....
> Maybe I should just sell it and use the money on other
> things....Ebay?
>
> Oh well, just rainy day musings....

I was thinking about that myself. Someday I'd like to buy a new dak (never
get rid of the V/T though) and was wondering about a supercharger on the 4.7.
To be perfectly honest, I'd love the challenge to fit the S/C on there. It
wouldn't be hard, all you'd have to do is fabricate the necessary bracketry
and tubing. To be honest, I've never seen a 4.7 engine so I don't know where
would be a nice place to mount it, but I bet it's not hard!! The only problem
is whether or not the computer will deal with it. As far as I'm concerned,
the physical part of it would be easy, good luck making the computer like it.

-Austin
Vipertruck