Re: One of them days

From: Ken Allgood (kallgood@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 17:36:24 EST

ahhh man!! Feel sorry for you.. curious, do you have ABS brakes? I had to
make use of my brakes yesterday morning.. Was coming up on a merge lane,
but I wasn't exiting. I was maybe 100 ft from the merge lane when a small
Ferd or chebby pulled on the on-ramp (his bed loaded down). There's
somebody immediately to my left, so I can't pull to next lane, and I'm
literally on top of him, so I figure I'll give it some gas and let him pul
in behind me. Well, he puts on his turn signal, and pulls right in front of
me doing about 25mph, and I'm doing 60mph with maybe 30ft or so between us.
Needless to say, I hit brakes as hard as I can. Well, she skidded about
20-30 ft, stopping maybe 10 ft away from the other truck, and he just goes
on like nothing happend. I look behind me, and just see this hugh cloud of
smoke from where I laid tread down. Some a$$holes just don't understand
merge do they?? Drove by there this morning on my way to work, and oh
yeah, lots of tire marks from me.. (pst, mike d. take a ride up to Busch.
On 199, where you take the exit for Busch onto 60, take a look in the right
lane, those are my marks...) But, anyway, truck was fine, and she stopped
DAMN fast. Just dug right into the pavement.

Ken Allgood
97 cc slt 5.2L