Re: Lund Grill Screens

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 06:59:46 EST

At 06:06 PM 3/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a set of Lund grill "screen" inserts on my Dak. I like them
>because they definitely keep the bugs out. It did raise the engine temp
>a little bit. If you install a 180 degree thermostat, you'll never
>really notice the difference. I did have to cut the left upper insert in
>order to get access to the hood safety latch. Garret

Same here. I left them black rather than paint them. I didn't cut for
access to the hood release ... just pull back one end a bit next to the
center grille divider with the right hand and reach in to release hook
with the left. Like the fact that you can take it on and off (at the
track) very easily.

BTW, just found out today that they have finally come out with an insert
for the air opening in the front fascia. Should have it next week.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.