Okay! Catback Sunday

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 21:26:36 EST

Friday got blown, the weekend nearly got blown (although I did get to meet
up with Jim Harmon Saturday night, I apologize again for getting all that
drool on the DACUDA!!! But DAMN! Is that a fine truck!)

Finally got outside to work on the catback install about 4. Just removed
the stock exhaust (the hard part of installing a catback from what I
surmise). Had to cut it out. Made one clean cut at the stock muffler
inlet with a Sawzall, then slid it out carefully towards the front of the
truck.

Before putting the Gibson system in I had to fire it up. WHO NEEDS A
MUFFLER???

With that ridiculously lame Y-pipe and the Cat(s?), she sounds quieter than
the Dacuda with no muffler at all.

Back to work....

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B or C/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage