Re: Need Rt Outside Mirror for a '91

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 23:24:04 EST

which kind of mirror? The black "sport" mirror or the big chrome Cow
Catcher.
I've got a pair of cow catchers, but they fold up against the truck at
highway speeds....

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota gettin' a Magnum 360!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:49:50 -0500 "Paul Taglini" <ptaglini@mediaone.net>
writes:
> Greetings DML Members,
>
> I am in need of a replacement passenger side mirror and would rather
> not pay
> the dealer's price, if they'd even have one. I'm asking in the slim
> chance
> that someone out there has a spare or extra that they would be
> willing to
> part with. My Dakota is a '91 V6 4X4 5-spd CC in black that I've had
> for
> five years and it has served me well.
>
> Or has anyone repaired one that had a broken metal bracket inside
> the
> plastic cowling? After removing from the door, there seems to be a
> few nuts
> that hold the bracket to the cowling that are accessible through
> holes in
> the panel to which the glass is glued. Unfortunately, removing the
> glass
> from this panel is impossible with out breaking it, which I've
> already
> partially done.
>
> I'm thinking of breaking the rest of the glass off, disassembling
> the unit
> and having the bracket welded. But it appears to be made of white
> metal
> and can this metal be welded at all? Then I'd still have to find a
> replacement
> glass, maybe have one made. If this procedure is feasible, it may
> be
> cheaper
> than purchasing from a dealer.
>
> I've been unable to find ANY Dakotas in the local junk yards. If
> anyone
> knows of one that I may have missed in the Manchester, NH, area,
> please
> reply.
>
> Any thoughts on this situation would be appreciated.
>
> Thanx,
> Paul Taglini

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.