Re: AVALANCHE APOLOGY -LONG

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 11:10:28 EST

Well, they don't have an off-road package per se but you can order the 31's
and the fender flares and the skid plates so it's pretty much a 4x4 package.
  Maybe Dodge is doing that to save us money? Probably not but it was a
nice thought.
The only thing that should be considered an option that isn't at this point
is tow hooks. These are essential off-road accesories that better be
offered soon from the factory.

And i think Dodge is starting to focus more heavily on their truck lines
given the market trends. They are going to produce a full-size SUV based on
the 2500 series if i'm not mistaken.

And i do agree that Chrysler has been slow to develop their truck lines
behind GM and especially Ford. But, you can see where the company has been
spending all of their R&D money, so there just hasn't been any substantial
amount left over for us truck folk.
But change is in the air, and i can be patient,

Frank WJ