Re: electric fan troubles: why use a thermostat?

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 22:04:14 EST

I somewhat did on Sunday, bought me a $5 relay from autozone, and wired it
up so my fans wont kill my battery (i left the manual switch on for 3 hrs
with 16" and 10" fans.... Uhh,, well.. it started =) but barely... the fans
will now only come on with the ignition... it took me a few mins on how i
was gonna wire it.. but i did it =-)
I ended up wiring it so the Thermostat and Manual switch only works with the
Cig Liter, i dunno how I got it to work, but now I dont have to worry about
the 2 fans runnin on wires that run all over the truck.. just from the relay
to them.. (bout 2' of wire)
Tim Berry -- Chesapeake, VA
`97 SLT 318 auto CC 2x4 LSD:
Dual Exaust w/Flowmaster, Homemade K&N GEN II, 16" Electric Fan
180 T-stat, MSD 8.5 wires, Lakewood Traction Bars, F&B Stage 1 TB. Mod'd
intake
ASP Pullies (Crank/Alt), Trans Go Shift Kit, BFG 275/60's, Hypertech PTM
(gettin fixed)
BEST 1/4 15.488 @ 86.23 MPH
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ