00 Quad's must have "Hit Me" written all over them!!!

From: David Schultz (ds18840@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 08:12:01 EST

>From reading all the posts about smashed 00 Dakota's, I am beginning to
think there must be some subliminal sign on the truck that reads "Hit Me"...
My 00 Dakota Quad has just turned 3 wks old with 1000 miles when I was
rearended by a 17 year old in a Ford Escort. His car was a mess, hood
buckled, fenders pushed to the wheel wells, etc... I saw the damage to his
car and expected to see the back of my baby crumpled. To my surprise, there
was minimal damage... He hit the left rear portion of the bumper where the
frame mounts are, it did hit hard enough to push the bumper into the rear
1/4 panel causing a small dent, and the bed twisted enough to hit the cab
causing another crease and damaged paint, but other than some scratches on
the plastic bumper molding, all was ok... His car had to be towed and likely
is totalled (He told the police he was doing 45 or so and did not see us
slowing down to turn, he gave us a pretty good wack...). My wife and I
suffered only minor whiplash, and our four children escaped uninjured. We
have an appointment this Wednesday with the body man to see the extend of
the truck damage...