RE: electric fan troubles: why use a thermostat?

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 11:19:34 EST

Pedro,
Running the fan 100% duty cycle is not a good thing. You will prematurely
burn out the motor. Then you will have a problem. I'm trying to figure out
something to do with the Perma-cool tstat now.
I did a little testing with mine last night. I have the 170º non-adjustable
tstat. It closes at 190º, and opens back up at 170º. Now all I need to do
is find the proper place and method to mount it. I'll keep you and Mike
Clark posted on my progress. If anyone else wants updated on my Perma-cool
project, just let me know and I'll keep you posted.
Rich - Ashburn, VA