electric fan troubles: why use a thermostat?

From: Pedro J. Diaz (pjdmd@mho.net)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 00:42:38 EST

I did a little testing with mine last night. I have the 170º
non-adjustable
tstat. It closes at 190º, and opens back up at 170º. Now all I need to
do
is find the proper place and method to mount it. I'll keep you and Mike

Clark posted on my progress. If anyone else wants updated on my
Perma-cool
project, just let me know and I'll keep you posted.
Rich - Ashburn, VA

maybe our aftermarket lower temp thermostats are not allowing the hose
to get hot enough. But then again, I've let the engine heat up at idle
to close to that 190 or 200. Blimey. Let me know how you fix this.
I'm not letting the wife drive the Dak until we fix this.

pedro.