Changin' the earl

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 14:57:03 EST

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on the oil change thing...

I have an '89 Mustang LX 5.0 with 217,000 miles on the clock. The engine
has never been rebuilt or even gone into. I religiously changed the oil and
filter at 3,000 miles since I bought it in '92. I'm not saying that every
engine will last this long with no problems, but I'm hoping to get at least
200k out of the Dak's engine. It's pretty cheap insurance!

I've never tried any of the synthetics for two reasons.
1. I always buy used vehicles, and most places don't recommend you switch
from regular oil to synthetic after so many miles.
2. As much as I drive, it's too expensive.

One other note, I've seen some posts on Daks not having zerk fittings in the
front end. My Mustang was the same way, with a "lifetime lubricated" <ha
ha> front end. There were threaded plugs in the front end... yanked them
out, stuck the zerks in, and voila! I had a front end that I could lube.
Might be worth crawling under the truck to see if you have the same.

Adios!
Brett
'94 Dak Sport CC