Catback Monday...

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 16:15:43 EST

The Gibson Split rear exit catback is in! Took til Monday cause I wasn't
comfortable bolting it up missing the 3 inches of headpipe I cut off to
remove the stock system. So I waited til Monday to go down and get the
muffler welded to the head pipe. Sounded very cool with no muffler at all!

I got Gibson dual 3 inch tips. So out the back I have 4 three inch ovals!
We trimmed the tips, the exit pipes, and the over the axle tubes so that
the tips fit up close to the underside of the class IV hitch under the
bumper. They stop right at the edge of the bumper. Came out about
perfect.

The truck sounds incredible! The Gibson muffler is a straight through
design and doesn't do much but mellow out the sound. Not much quieter than
no muffler, but a better tone quality.

Might be a little boost in mid range power, hard to tell. Definitely
seemed like the mpg's were up on the highway (love that trip computer!).
Not sure how the first tank will be since I was "having fun"...

Question: I don't know much about these dang computer controlled
vehickles. Should I disconnect the battery or something to let the
computer "reset". Used have to do this with the Buick v6 turbos when you
made a modification.

Next step? Hmmm..... I think I'll probably be talking to Quick D Tony on
Saturday at the Speedzone... Sounds like he's close to having TB's and
intakes for us.

Then maybe an MP Computer.....

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B or C/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage