Re: Chevy Conspiracy?

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 15:40:49 EST

It's not only Chevys. Last weekend (the 5th to be exact) I rearended the
license plate box of a 95 Ford Ranger at approx 3 mph. My fault, glanced
away at the wrong second, slowed from 10 but couldn't quite make it.
Anyway, no damage to his (plastic) bumper. My (steel) bumper, however,
has a vertical crease in it, is bowed up in the middle, and is rotated up
(portion below the V8 emblems is lower by about 1.5" than it should be).
Current estimates are at $500, but I can save about $60 by ordering the
bumper through the dealer (list is $300 for the part). Oddly enough, one
of my v8 emblems cracked too.... Anyway, I found it strange that the
steel our trucks are constructed of is so much more damage prone than the
thin plastic in other vehicles. Oh well....

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG
F&B Stage I TB, Keystone/Proglass Ram Air Hood, 14x3" K&N, Sir Michael's
Roll Pan, Custom monochrome paint

If ignorance is bliss, liberals must be the happiest people on earth