Re: More traction bar info

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 23:17:19 EST

"mike d." <miggitymike@juno.com> wrote:
>aaaaahhh... I see now...
>you preload yours?? does the preloading take a lot of time?

Yes, I preload them before racing, then unload them after I'm done.
It requires jacking the tire off the ground to remove the tension on
the leaf spring. I would say it takes me about 15 minutes to preload
both sides, with the same amount of time to unload. As soon as I have
my slicks I will be swapping tires at the same time.

>I'm wondering because I would like them preloaded at the track, but not
>on the street.

That's what you want to do, yes.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T