Re: Cut out Cat

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 16:14:50 EST

A grand total of 3hp, proven on the dyno. Definitely not worth the hassle
of all that is involved. Definitely not worth the risk (felony), not to
mention waking up 3 neighborhoods at once (ask those @ VA meet). That
coupled with no mufflers/glasspacks/duals, kills the backpressure. I will
soon be returning to *near* stock exhaust, sure I'll miss the ear bleeding
noise, but I miss the low-end that I lost w/ the straight pipes. i.e., I
don't make much (compared to my old dynomax cat-back) for power below
~2800rpm.