Re: Synthetic Oil Stories

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 18:36:46 EST

I switched my truck over to Amsoil 0W30 (yeah, I know, bad sales scheme - I
don't like it, either....) at 70,000 miles. I change it once a year (every
Xmas) and change the filter out twice a year (once in June). The truck now
has over 148,000 miles on it and still runs like new. In fact, oil
consumption has gone DOWN since I started using the synthetic.

I was a little concerned about switching over, but my brother was using it
in his Chevy Beretta - he changed the oil every 25k (changed it 4x over 100k
miles) - the car now has around 150k on it with no problems. I figure, if a
Chevy can do that (they are notorious for burning oil after 100k miles), my
Dodge would have no problem.

HTH

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55