The Tale of 2 Cats

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 22:07:08 EST

Well last night I got my cat replaced for the second time (the first was
12/99), it started to rattle 2 weeks ago, and the replacement was the wrong
part. Well the new one showed up and was crappy cat was replaced. On the way
home the truck started running really crappy (at a stop light and at idle
the truck sounded like it 3/4 race cam, it had such a lope that it scared am
Impala SS). But anyways I get home and pull the codes, got a 12-21-21-55..
Guess what? O2 sensor took a dump(would explain why my MPG went down the
tubes too)! Well I figured it would covered under the 8/80 emissions
warranty (figured wrong)so back to the dealership. Well after a 1.5 hour
wait(and $150 bucks lighter in the wallet)I was on the road. Mind you if I
knew it was gonna cost me I would have bought the thing from NAPA for like
$50 and did it myself(but it's not too cool when you have a 3 piece suit on,
and a meeting/lunch at noon with a BIG client) in the office parkinglot (it
wouldn't be a first time either!). It could have been much worse but the
Service Advisor at Woodbridge Dodge knocked off 10% off both the part and
labor, and like I said I was on the road in 90 minutes. I see in emails all
the time of dealers giving us the shaft (and not Jules Magickal Shaft
either!). After being a ChryCo product owner for the last 20 years this is
the second dealership service department that did not give me hassle,
provided excellent service, and in a timely manner. These guys work hard for
their 5 start rating in my book! Even when I told a salesman last night that
I couldn't afford or was interested in this Black R/T that I looking at to
pass the time, he still let me take it for a spin (as well as a QC 4.7, and
their demo Intrepid R/T(BTW you Dak R/T owners better watch out for this
rod, it will give you a hard run for your money in stock trim no less!)). I
think QuikTruk99 will also attest to fact that this dealership is the
probably best in the area. That's just my opinion, but I could be wrong...

P.S. - My truck runs better than it ever did since I purchased it on 9/98!

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ