Good Price for Running Boards, Roof Rack, Bed Liner, etc ?????

From: David Schultz (ds18840@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 06:49:27 EST

I have a 00 Dakota Quad and wanted some factory approved accessories. The
local dealer I purchased the truck from said he would give me a good deal,
so I ordered and had them installed. Now after paying the bill, I am
wondering if I got such a "good deal" after all... The bed liner and roof
rack were put on the truck before delivery, cost was 525 installed (they did
not give a breakdown of the two items, but I think the rack was 225 and
liner was 300 or so installed). After pickup we noticed how hard it was for
our small children to get into the truck, so we ordered the running
boards... After some fun 4x4 playing in the mud I also decided mud flaps
were a must... I also ordered them... Price for the running boards 600 mud
flaps 36 per pair... Installation 184.45 Total for boards and flaps 907.84
(including the 51.39 for tax). They claim the list for the boards (part num
82205053)was 660 and the list for the mud guards (82204879 and 82203473)
were 50 each. Have any of you added these accessories to your truck and how
much did you pay?

Thanks
Dave Schultz