Re: Custom Tags

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 09:37:33 EST

Jeff:

That's cool, but let me relate a true story about someone and special
plates, just to give you something to consider. I worked for a guy one
time who had all kinds of expensive, fast cars. One was a Ferrari. The
license plate read A IS A. This is a basic tennent from philosophy and he
thought that was un%$#&ing believeable (yeah, right).

Anyhow, his younger brother liked to drive the car around town as fast as
he could. One night he was going down a major city street at about 50 mph
and saw a police car at at the corner waiting for the light to change. He
said he "dropped it into second and went by at about 75 mph." The police
car immediately turned the flashers on and started to give chase, only to
give up after a short distance realizing there was no way in hell they'd
ever catch up. So the guy continues along thinking he's really cool. When
he gets back to the house later that night there are three police
cruisers waitng for him. After arresting him they thanked him for having
such a distinctive license plate that was easy to remember.

So, while it's nice to have a personalized plate, there are some distinct
disadvantages, too.

HTH,

Richard in San Antonio

Thu, 16 Mar 2000 00:07:51 -0500 durling@attglobal.net writes:
> I am thinking about getting a custom tag for my truck and I was
> wondering what the list thought of REDALRT. No i'm not and emt or
> paramedic but my dak is red and just thought that might be cool. I
> checked with the dmv here in florida and they only have use of that
> on a
> basic state plate so I can use the same thing on any of the other 40
> or
> 50 different plates they offer. Aw man, now I have to choose that
> also/
> Anyway let me know what you guys think. Please no flames.
>
> Jeff Durling
> '96 RC Sport-318

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.