Re: Re: Synthetic Oil Stories

From: wf wheels (loosewheels@excite.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 14:01:53 EST

I keep seeing posts on this and I figured I would put my two cents in also.
I started running Synthetics when I bought my dak last sept. it already had
over 112K miles on it. Well I had always been skeptical of the synthetic
products until I was told by a machinist that synthetics as the commercials
say that synthetics fill in the worn areas that cause compression loss. When
my next oil change came around I put synthetics in, and just in driving out
of the garage I could feel the increase in power. That's the good side of
synthetics. The bad side of synthetics is that you should never use them on
a new engine. If you do not allow the engine to get broken in before using
synthetics they will try to fill in wear that has even form yet. Which the
end result of that is excessive blow by or loss of compression.