RE: MEXICAN RAM CHARGER

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 18:49:26 EST

The reason you don't see Ram Chargers stateside is not because of emissions.
If it were, don't you think DC would easily be able to put any ol' RAM
pickup powertrain into the Ram Charger to make it legal (which they probably
do anyway)?

The reason they are not sold here is because they would really screw up DC's
CAFE numbers. I would imagine that sucker only gets 12mpg, and that could
easily drop their CAFE numbers a few tenth's, and then the EPA may fine
them.

If emissions does come into play, it's only because they may have to re-test
the vehicle for EPA since it may be considered a new / different chassis
than the current RAM pickup truck.

FWIW, I've seen a few one-ton chassis cab Ram trucks on the roads here in
Texas. I've also seen pix of them at one of the Ram truck webpages......

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate