Re: More traction bar info

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 20:24:03 EST

>>Are you in a big rush? I'm thinking about bringing something bolton,
mainly
for street driving, but easily adjustable for the track. I'm hoping to
come
in considerably cheaper that cal-tracs but I doubt it will happen. Its
probably going to cost around $200. I'll let you all know when I have
the
prototypes done.<<

cool!
Hey, is there a chance you (or somebody) could measure the distance from
the centerline of your axle to the front leaf spring eye? If I'm thinking
correctly, yours will be the same number I came up with for mine.
Competition Engineering (makers of the SlidaALinks) say that their bars
will fit ALL Dakotas... 87'-00'... I'm thinkin' it'll be the same...
The one problem I've come up with is this: the dude I've talked to about
these bars say that they come with new U-bolts. I asked if they will fit
trucks with a 9 1/4 axle, and he didn't know. He did know that the 9 1/4
required different U bolts than all the other rears, so this guy wasn't a
complete idiot.
so, get to the point mike...

I'm sayin', if Competition doesn't make the bars to fit a 9 1/4, we KNOW
Caltracs will. And if the measurements work out like I hope they will, us
axle swapper types (like me) will have a traction bar that works!

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota gettin' a Magnum 360!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.