Flowmaster: Delta Flow? Mufflers....

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 23:47:39 EST

What is the difference between the normal Flowmaster 50 Series 3 Chamber
muffler and the DeltaFlow Flowmaster 50 Series 3 Chamber muffler? I believe
the DeltaFlow Mufflers is just meant to cut out or decrease interior sound
levels, isnt it?
I am beginning the Spring search for a muffler. I do not want a loud
obnoxious muffler nor a 'ricey' sounding muffler. I want a muffler which
will sound similar(nice mellow tone would be nice also!) to my stock muffler
and, just one which will flow alot better. I have really been thinking about
a Gibson also, just because I like the quiet tone they have.
I have 'some' intake mods, such as running an Amsoil 2Stage Hi-Flow air
filter, I removed the air restrictor plate at the grill, and I am running a
dual(3") cold air ducts from the grill; so I figure maybe the 119,500 mile
old stock muffler may not be able to keep up with the added airflow. I will
be getting a 'performance' throttle body of some type also this late
spring/summer.
Thanks for any and all input.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V693 Dakota; Emerald Green; Sport Regular Cab 4x4 V6; 3.55 LSD
MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD Universal Wiring Harness, MSD 8.5MM
SuperConductors, Accel Super Coil, Borg Warner Select Brass Cap/Rotor,
Autolite Copper Plugs(.050), Dual Cold Air Intake Ducts, Amsoil 2Stage Air
Filter, Redline Watter Wetter, Overhead Console, SilBlade Synthetic Wipers,
Cobra CB(8W), Firestik II Antenna with SS Quick Disconnect, Pioneer DEH45DH
CD Deck, Pioneer 6.5" 2way Speakers, Pioneer 5x7" 3way Speakers, Magellan
315 GPS, MacNeil WeatherTec Floor Mats, Rhino Liner(double coated),
Grill\Brush Guard coated with LineX, Hella 500 6" Round Driving Lights,
Hella XL Low Beams, 80W/100W 9004 "Off-Road" Bulbs, 50W Halogen Backup
Bulbs, Tinted Windows All Around, Vent-Visors, Door Sill Guards, Contico
Tool Box(Full Of Recovery Gear/Tools), Hidden Hitch Class III, Amsoil(1
Quart)/Castrol(3 Quarts) 10W30 Engine Oil, Fram PH16 Oil Filter, Amsoil
Series 2000 75W90 in Front/Rear Diffs, Amsoil ATF in the good ole' NP321
Transfer Case, Transfer Case Skid Plate, Bilstein Shocks
Front/Rear......bucket seats on their way