Re: Dakota raffle?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 08:02:22 EST

At 09:03 PM 3/16/00 -0500, you wrote:
> <SNIP>
>I was wondering what everyone thought of the idea of raffling off
>a Dakota to bring in money for the DML? <SNIP>

May I suggest raffling off a high end diagnostic scanner? It would
minimize the possiblity of absorbing a huge loss.

Think about it ... pulls codes that have been set or about to be set
... turn of the MIL light ... run diagnostics and trouble-shooting
procedures on all systems (fuel injection and delivery, ignition,
lighting, all sensors and relays, abs, etc.)

The one that I have in mind will do most North American-made vehicles
(Chrysler, Chev, Ford) from '79 to '99. On many vehicle models, it
will also perform diagnostics on electronically controll trannies.
The kit includes hard copy manuals of all TSBs coving those years.
Going up a few hundred dollars, you can get the model that will
reprogram the OE computers if there are TSBs which have a reprogramming
solution by simply hooking the scanner to a PC computer and downloading
the program from a company-designated web site.

The scanner would be extremely useful for everyone, not only those
with a Dodgee truck but for those that have other NA vehicles. BTW,
the company also has a model for covering imports as well. Software
for the scanner is updated annually (at a cost) as well. Think about
it ... no more relying on the dealer service dept. for diagnostics.

You could also include in the raffle prize the optional printer
and/or display terminal.

It's something that would be extremely valuable to have if they
have a computer-controlled vehicle but not something most would
spend the money on.

Just my thought.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.