Re: Need to drain coolant to change t-stat???

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 23:44:41 EST

1) remove the upper radiator hose.
2) take the serpentine belt off and take the alt off
3) loosen up the 2 bolts on the t-stat neck. (at this point, you'll notice
coolant leak down your block, have a pan underneath to catch that coolant)
4) take old stat out, clean gasket off the water neck
5) put the new stat in and install the gasket on the water neck...
6) put the 2 bolts back nito the hole (get a magnetic tool picker-upper,
because you'll more than likely not be able to fit your hands in there and
will drop the bolt in a place you can't reach)
7) put alt, belt and radiator hose back on
8) fill your radiator back up. (probably 1 container or antifreeze and 1
container of (distilled) water should be more than enough)
-Dester

PS. HAVE FUN!

<< I'm planning on changing my t-stat to a 180 if it warms up this weekend...

 My question is... do I have to drain any coolant to swap t-stats?

 And... if I do have to drain some coolant... can somebody please tell me the
 proper procedure to drain (partially) and re-fill the system without getting
 any air into the system???

 Thanks

 ~Dave
 99 SY RC R/T