97 LSD Noise??--HELP!

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 11:29:10 EST

My best friend is haivng problems with his dak and I thought you all
might be able to help since you've helped me with so much.

He's got a 97 Dakota SLT 4x4 V6 Auto with 3.92's (limited slip)

Here's the problem: The truck makes a growling noise in turns once
it has been driven a little while (once is warms up). I told him that
I thought the limited slip just did that and there was nothing to
worry about. It only does it in turns.

So, he climbs underneath to check the fluid and it's fine. BUT, when
we checked the front, it seems that fluid has been spraying out of the
vent tube. The fluid level in the front diff was low. Now we are
wondering if the noise is coming from the front.

Has anyone else have any of these problems....loss of fluid from the
front, growling noise in almost every turn with a limited slip?
He needs advice. The truck is just out of warranty, but he can buy a
12 month DC warranty for $580 which would cover the diffs.

Any advice that I can pass along to him is greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6