Hookers for SB daks

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 21:47:36 EST

   This is slightly off-thread, but Hooker will never get another penny of my
money. I bought their headers for my 67 Dart for a 225 Hyper-Pack I was
building. (this was back in '81) The set fit like crap. It rested against the
steering column, and the 'split washers' they sent with the kit were too small
so as soon as you started it up it blew the manifold gasket. (on a 225 it's
the same gasket for the intake and exhaust, a pain to change) I called them
and they said that everything was just fine with their kit, that I must have a
problem with my car. So I asked them just how were you supposed to move the
steering column out of the way? And when I pressed them about the split
washers they said that according to their tests they work. It sucked, as you
took off the number six header pipe would rattle against the steering column.
I fixed their F___ ups myself and then kindly offered them the info for
product improvement. They laughed at me! (I was still very nice and courteous
up to this point.) So as far as I'm concerned they can kiss my ENTIRE ASS.
I'd rather stay stock than give those non-customer oriented arrogant scumbags
another penny of my money.
Just my opinion of course. YMMV