RE: New Type of Lock (Brake, not Steering Wheel)

From: Tom Fawcett (fawcett_tom@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 23:00:42 EST

Hmmmm... That's a trip. I have a '98 auto. and I can't tell you if you
have to step on the brake to shift out of park or not! I suspect you do
indeed need to but it's become so automatic (forgive the pun) that I'll need
to confirm that. It's funny how things become second nature as I remember
when this "safety feature" came out and freaked me out... I always drove a
stick but my friends car was an auto. He laughed his ass off as I tried and
tried to get the damn thing out of park without hitting the brakes first!

>From: "Seth Huffman" <Sethmh@earthlink.net>
>To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
>Subject: RE: DML: New Type of Lock (Brake, not Steering Wheel)
>Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 19:35:42 -0800
>
>I just ordered one of those the other day so Ill let you all know how it
>is.
>With the auto transmission (at least any auto transmission that you have to
>push the brake to shift into gear, not sure if the dak is like this as mine
>isnt here yet) it keeps the car from being shifted into drive. With a
>manual
>tranny you put it on the clutch petal so the car cant even be started.

--Tom
'98 Kota 4x4 w/lots-o-goodies!