Re: 318 magnum and 360 magnum difference

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 23:31:28 EST

The 318 has a 3.91 bore and a 3.31 stroke
The 360 has a 4.00 bore and a 3.58 stroke

You can't bore the 318 block out that much.

The 360 crank has larger main journals. Yes they can be cut down but
you're not going in a cost effective direction.

You'd spend thousands to clone the 360 when you can match the output with
traditional mods that cost far less.

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B or C/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage