RE: Re: enough with the rice!!!!!!!!!

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 00:40:56 EST

Sorry Bernd, but what exactly did you do on rotary engines that would leave
you with the misconception that they are 2 stroke in the same way that a
piston engine can be two stroke? Hope you weren't actually trying to perform
service work on any...

The oil pan is NOT there to "add oil" to the fuel mixture, and rotaries do
not consume oil unless seals are buggered. And no you don't add oil to the
fuel when you fill the tank.

Actual RPM specs 13A and 13B Mazda rotaries (commonly found in the RX7s)
were a warning buzzer at 8000, and actual fuel cutoff at 8500 or slighly
above (I've seen it as high as 9000). The 3-rotor never made it to the US,
but was available in Japan and possibly other countries.

Geez man, at least check you facts before posting and saying you know stuff
based on "working on them".

Craig