Re: Re: enough with the rice!!!!!!!!!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 08:56:10 EST

Check your history and you'll find otherwise. The oil level was also always
a complaint from customers but since no matter what you did, they always
lost oil (guess where is went). On the original Wankel design, there was a
oil injector. Since the patent was sold to Japan after WW2, they have since
"modified" it but could never get away from oil consumption (and obviously
you don't add oil into the tank...if you were doing this than I would offer
you the same suggestion that you don't work on them either).

As for the "2-Stroke" wording, let's put it in another way: (You could
consider this a 3-stroke or as compared to conventional piston engines but
that term has never been used.)

(1) After all consumption gases have been pressed out the intake cycle
begins. Air/Fuel mixture flows through the inlet channel into the first
chamber. The piston rotates to the left and compresses the fresh gas.
(2) Chamber 1 sucks in fresh gas, while chamber 2 starts to compress the
gas. In chamber 3 the gas is completely burned and can flow out. Chamber 1
sucks in air/fuel mixture. Chamber 2 has compressed the gas completely. Now
two ignition sparks ignite the compressed gas simultaneously. Chamber 3
presses out the burned gases.
(3) Chamber 1 is full of fresh gas. The compression cycle begins as soon as
Chamber 1 is closed. In Chamber 2 the burned gases decompress and press the
piston into spin direction. Meanwhile Chamber 3 presses out burned gases.
(Goto Step1)

As for working on them, did regular service on them as well as mild
modifications (mainly porting since that's were a lot of the "easy power"
comes from). The '87-'92 models always cut out at about 7200-7500.
Occasionally, you had a "factory flaw" where either the engine made more
power than it sould have or the limiter didn't come on until 8000.

Anything else...let's take it offline or on the off-topic list.

- Bernd