PLOWS, OIL, PLUGS and The Warranty

From: DakotaPU93@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 11:56:17 EST

Hi DML List -
I was speaking to a friend with a 99 Dak Sport 4x4. I have a 93 Dak 4x2. I
may soon need a new 4x4 to PLOW a long driveway with.
My friend told me his factory warranty would be VOIDed if he put a PLOW on
his DAK or even changed the oil or spark plugs himself. His warranty states
all work must be done by the dealership or a certified shop and paper records
are needed. I dont remember having this clause when I bought my 93.
The PLOW situation really bothers me because I saw a DAK on the dealers lot
that came with a plow and was right on the dealers invoice STICKER!
Is this true?
Thanks, KEV