Re: 318 in '87?

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 21:07:53 EST

>>> whats the difference between the mounts on a mag from a pre-mag, will

> a mag v6 swap into a pre-mag without diffirent mounts?<<

a magnum 6er should bolt right into a premag.

>>what did shelby use to mount the 318, thier own mounts or did they
modify V6 mounts or use ones
provided by mopar? <<

Shelby fabbed up their own motor mounts from what I understand. It's easy
to do!

>Can you modify v6 mounts in any way to fit the 318?<

nope.. unfortunately

>>Will a mag 318 bolt into a pre-mag shelby 318?<<

yup! Should bolt right in!

now, the one thing you should think about... if you decide to drop a
magnum into a premag truck. All the trouble you'll go through to rewire
and get the truck all ready for the magnum will take a long time and be
expensive.
e-mail me off the list about it. I'm puttin' a magnum engine in my 88

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota gettin' a Magnum 360!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.