318 in '87?

From: Allen Goldman (ranchnmt@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 23:18:20 EST

My boss has an '87 Dak 4x4 with the 3.9L and auto
trans. that he is trying to sell. A guy is interested
in buying it if we put in a 318(I work at an auto
repair shop). I have heard that Dodge put a 318 in
the '89's before the front-end restyle, but don't know
how they wedged it in there. Has anyone done this
swap, and if so what all was entailed. The potential
buyer is willing to spend the money(as much as 2
grand) for us to do this.

Thanks for any help,

Rick in Montana
used to own 97 Dak 4x4...had to sell to pay Hospital
bills :-(