Re: Long stupid 4x4 story--but really funny

From: Hylander6@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 00:02:54 EST

   Well I'll add one to your story to keep the string going.
   I was off for 2 days in the middle of the week, I wasn't married at the
time, and thought I might do a little fishing. I had found this abandoned
rock quarry a few week back while I was out 4 wheelin with freinds, so I
thought it would be fun. I loaded up the Jeep with all of the nessary items (
Beer, Fishing Pole, Beer, Tackle Box, Beer........you get the idea). So away
I go. Now to get to this spot I took a short cut down a road that was being
contructed for a new subdivision, caught the desired trail and proceded to my
little hide-away. It was the one of the most peacful days I had in weeks. The
fish were biting early on, a couple good sized bass, few crappie and a bucket
full of HUGE bluegills. Anyway I got caught up in the moment and didn't start
back till after dark. As I was traversing the trail home I took a right turn
when I shouldn't have. Remember that road under construction I mentioned
earlier? Well I found it a bit sooner than I thought. Cole County Sewer Dept.
had decided to dig a 4'x6' ditch running alongside the entire length of the
new road. I drove into this canyon and ended up sitting with my back wheels
over a foot off the ground and my from bumper and top edge of the hood in the
otherside of the trench. Well I'm only a mile from home, its only 9pm, no
problem, right? Wrong! I cannot find anyone to come help me out. I can't call
the tow truck becouse I am in a construction site which is private property.
I finally get caught up with a freind named Scott who comes to the rescue
with his Jeep. We still have one more hurddle to cross though. This trench
runs the entire length of the street, there is no way to get Scotts Jeep onto
my side of the ditch to pull me out. OK, so we go back to Scott's house and
dig out this ancient come-along that was mostly rust. Out we go again, the
come-along didn't budge the Jeep by attaching it to a tree and pulling it
backwards. I am in a real fix, its now early in the morning, if I don't get
my Jeep out I am probobly going to get a ticket for Treaspassing. We start to
head back towards the main road, when out of nowhere comes anther freind with
his Power Wagon. We are in luck, Pat had a wench on the front of his Dodge.
We get back to the Jeep, its now 4:30 in the morning. Pat drives up to the
edge of the ditch and was able to wench my front end up so that front end was
level again. Pat knew where there were 2 railroad ties that we put under the
front wheels. I was able to back off and out of being stuck. But now I had to
find a way home. Scott went with me, and after cutting 2 ancient barbed wire
fences and cutting through some guys back yard I finally made it home. And I
still had a mess of fish to clean! Oh Well, I was off that day also. Just
remember to learn from other 4 wheelers mistakes.

   Chris