Re: Car Audio Ponderings

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 16:14:59 EST

> In a message dated 3/20/00 11:56:35 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> grndak4x4@home.com writes:
>
> > 2)Buy a decent 2channel amp and 'amp-out' some type of 'truck-style'
boxes,
> > either with 8" or 10" woofers. Once again, I would use really good
power
> > wire, patch cables, speaker wire, etc. Will these truck style boxes
allow
> me to still have my seats fairly far back in the seat track and also
fairly
> far back in the cab?
>
> Well Kyle, all this sound might nice, but if youa Big Oaf like me (6'3)
you
> can't have boxes in the way of the seats... I couldn't ever find a Box
that
> fit the Dakota so I broke down and Made one. it was EASY it holds 4 RF 8"
> subs overall it was CHEAP ($300 for subs box carpet amp, The works) adn it
> sounds AWESOME...
>
> Personally I had one 10" RF sub in my Dakota it worked great easy enough
> make a small box adn it sounded nice really helped the low end...
>
> I still got the 10" sitting around, I could sell that to you (About $30 or
> so) adn the plans with measurments to make a box that will fit like a
dream
> wihtout buggin the seat movement at all!!!

Greg,
I am 6'1, and I like the seats all the way back, as I am sure you do. This
is why I wasnt too sure about the truck style boxes. Right now, it looks
like I am leaning towards just running an amp to my 4 Pioneer speakers, this
way, I might be able to hide the amp under the driver's/passenger's seat.
Plus, I like to keep stuff behind my current bench seat, and when the
buckets go in this week, I may not like the truck style boxes anyways, due
to to loss of storage space behind the seat.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6