RE: RE: new FIPK clone

From: Scott Miller (kmiller@cvn.net)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 17:00:28 EST

> >>Has anybody just used a drop-in K&N, used rigid pipe
> (eliminating the flex plastic tube) and removed the
> plastic shield from the grill on a
> Gen II? A true ram air set up, but using the stock
> metal filter housing with some minor mods?<<
>
> I have a buddy out here that did that on his 6er, and I ran a setup like
> that for a while too...
> I got more performance from the open element, and it sounds better too.
> The cool air helps a little, but that hole just isn't big enough.
> Scott Miller (89 Shelby) did a dual snorkle setup on his shelby.
>
> Scott?? Care to enlighten us? =)
> ------I've got a K&N FIPK (open element) on my 94 and my homebrew dual
snorkel setup on my Shelby. I've taken the FIPK off the 94 and tried in
time and time again, but my Shelby seems to like the dual snorkel set up a
lot better, granted the open element sounds so much better.

Bad part is I'm gonna lose my homebrew setup on the shelby with the new
motor, the shelby housing isn't big enough for the 750, so I'll end up with
a FIPK on the shelby also, oh well

Scott Miller
Shelby Dakota #322 (14.89 @ 89mph) - 360 being built
94 V-6 Dakota Sport (16.01 @ 85mph)