Re: No More MBTE

From: MrDakota95@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 23:21:34 EST

In a message dated 03/21/2000 5:39:45 AM Central Standard Time,
fawcett@uism.bu.edu writes:

<<

 Ya know, the news keeps reporting that the Clinton Admin. wants to eliminate
 MBTE (the gas additive that's supposed to reduce smog) 'cause it's polluting
 the ground water and replace it with ethanol (made from corn)... What
nobody's
 talking about is what effect this will have on engine performance.

 Does anybody know?
 Tom

I'm from Iowa and I've been running Ethanol in my vehicles for 20 years, it
actually lowers emmissions and also increase Octane ratings by 2 to 3 points
plus in colder climates it replaces the need to use gasline antifreeze
because it absorbs any water in the fuel and makes it burnable in the
combustion chamber.

MrDakota 95