Re: Car Audio Ponderings

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 23:26:31 EST

> Hey guys, I know how you feel since i'm in the same boat and I have a good
> sounding set of JBL three way truck boxes I really want to put in my
truck. You
> can even play perfect sounding jazz on them, not many boxes do that. I
just
> located a set of factory bucket seats that are in perfect condition and I
hope
> they leave just a little more room for the boxes to fit. My problem isn't
the
> base but the top. I just need 2in of space and the boxes will work. Good
luck
> with the seats kyle. BTW, which seats did you get, Just curious.
>
> Jeff Durling
> '96 RC Sport-318

I currently have the full bench seat. I bought a pair of 1995 Dakota
'Premium Cloth' reclining high back bucket seats. The driver's seat has a
four position manual lumbar support adjustment. I also bought the center
console along with it, but am not sure if I want to use it or not. I was
thinking about building a nice a functional custom center console, so maybe
I could fit a pair of 8" subs in there. I am thinking of going this way,
just cause I dont want to have clearance problems with truck style boxes
behind my buckets. I was thinking of putting a pair of 8" subs, one 8" sub
facing the driver's side and one 8" sub facing the passenger's side. They
would be flush mounted, and concealed so you wouldnt even know they were
there inside the center console. I would just then buy a 2 channel amp to
power the 8" subs. I just cannot make up my mind though on this route, or
getting a 4channel amp to power my Pioneer speakers. Either way I would like
to possibly build a custom center console. I took the seats in to be
proffesionally shampooed and cleaned; I will pick them back up Friday. I had
to order a seat rail/mount from the dealer, cause one was bent bad; it will
also be in on Friday. Once I get the seats in, I will take some measurements
to determine my options. Thanks,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6