Re: Recall Notice

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 09:46:40 EST

Unfortunatly, No I haven't. I'm Skeered to get it done, though I think I
will break down and do it. They make nasty references to voiding
emmissions warrantee's and stuff in that letter if you don't do it. Who
knows maybe it can work out for the best? Anybody else out there gotten
the letter and had this done? Aaron - I think this is one of those if you
didn't get a letter it doesn't apply to you type of things though I'm not
sure. It does specify "2000" in the letter though. If you want to
see/read the letter goto -->
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k/Emissions_recall.JPG
I'm scared what the "reprogram" could do! I get pretty decent mileage and
am really hoping it doesn't effect that! One of those once done can't do
nothin' to change it things... Hmmmmm

|I got a recall notice from DC, today. They need to reprogram the
|Powertrain Control Module, because the check engine light will not come
|on, if the cat fails. The notification # is 8591. I think at least one
|other person, on the list, has received this notice, also. Have you had
|it done yet? Were there any noticeable changes, after the reprogram?
|
|Skip Goger
|Gresham, Or
|2000 4X4 V8 AUTO
|CC SPORT+ IB
|Click below to visit my webpage
|http://community.webtv.net/emailskip/TheDakotaWebPage

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k
Forest Green 00 Dakota CC 4X4, 5-speed, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"