Re: How to check codes on a '98???? (2000 procedure)

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 09:50:47 EST

This doesn't help YOU out directly but it could help out some other folks.
 On the 2000's, push in and hold the "trip/reset" button in the instrument
panel, then turn the key to on while still holding the button. Keep
holding the button until it says "chec" in the odometer. Release the
button and it goes through a "diagnostic check" of some sort.

|I thought some posted a while back how to still pul the codes. Might want
|check the archives. I belive they are displayed in the lcd odometer
|dislpy on the
|98 $ 99's. I have no idea abouth the 00's.
|
|Jeff Durling
|'96 RC Sport-318

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k
Forest Green 00 Dakota CC 4X4, 5-speed, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"