RE: No More MBTE

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 12:33:43 EST

At 11:46 AM 3/21/00 , you wrote:
>those OPEC folks won't have as much power as they do now,
>and prices shouldn't fluctuate based on their whims.

OPEC announces a CUT in production and prices start rising within 24 hours.
OPEC announces an INCREASE in production and it takes 4 to 6 weeks for
consumers to see the effect at the pumps. I'm sorry, but this is not a
fluctuation based on the whims of OPEC. This is good old American greed at
its ugliest. The oil companies could ride out these fluctuations without
raising prices if they wanted to. It;s not like they're barely squeaking
by. Not many oil company executives living paycheck to paycheck.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
--Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943