RE: Muffler Soundoff(Help?!)

From: Kurt Swanson (kswanson@peerenvironmental.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 13:29:15 EST

Hey Kyle,

I know you've narrowed it down to these two, however, I just had a Magna
Flow installed last night! 2.5" Single in, 2.5" dual out, straight flow
through design, stainless steel, lifetime warranty! I have previously run
dual flowmaster three chambers which were too loud and actually had a
distinct resonance at about 65 mph, cool at first but irritating on long
trips. changed these out for a pair of Iron Tuff glass packs. These were
quieter but still had a drone that started at about 55 mph that also became
irritating on long trips! The Magna flow is definitely the quietest of the
three, but it still has a nice throaty burble at idle and during
acceleration. At 65 mph and up I don't hardly hear anything unless I stomp
it into passing gear and then you'll hear her take off! In addition, I
regained some of my low end torque! Something I missed during 4-wheeling!

Anyway something to consider!

Kurt Swanson
Minneapolis, MN

97 White Dak Sport CC 4X4, 318 Auto, 355 gears, MESA Headers, y-pipe and
High-Flo Cat, Magna Flow Muffler (Single in, dual out), K&N Generation II,
MSD Digital, SS-Coil, and Magnecore Wires. Waiting (weather and time
permitting) to install MP Throttle Body, Hughes 1.6 Roller Rockers, Double
Roller Timing Chain, Mopar Perormance valve Covers, and soon to be purchased
Cam.