Re: sagging front end - genII dak

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 13:34:52 EST

> Seems like my drivers side is sagging about 3/4 of an
> inch lower than the passengers side. Can I just crank
> the t-bar to level them out? How far is the max
> adjustment to raise both sides with the t-bar. I have
> looked through all the DML archives and can't seem to
> find anything regarding a sagging drivers side.

Just to clarify something, only 4WD Daks have torsion bars. So if you do
have a 4WD Dak, then yes you can easily adjust the torsion bars to level out
your Dak.I was by one of my dad's friends houses the awhile back, he is a
ASE mech, and he was working on a 92 Nissan 4x4. He cranked up the front
torsion bars and put those 1 1/2 inch add-a-leafs in the rear for a nice
small lift to clear 31's from the stock 235 tire size, I was very impressed,
it looked great with some 31 inch BFG Radial All Terrains in that
Nissan....he said that rear add-a-leafs were just 60 bucks, so its a very
very cheap lift. Torsion bars do sag and do need periodic adjustment. I
would suggest not jacking up the front end, on my 93 I can get under it
easily. This way you could measure how much you are lifting the front end
up. I sprayed on penetrant lube on both side 10 minutes before I started. It
really is a simple way to get a lift up front. I cranked mine up about 3/4
of an inch, so the front is level with the rear. I would also suggest to use
pipe over the rachet to get more leverage. When both sides are the same and
how high you want them, bounce on the front bumper hard about 5 times and
remeasure. Good Luck,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6