Re: Re: homemade spring clamps success

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 20:28:40 EST

That's where they needed to go :-) most of the spring wrap occurs in front
of the axle.... I think the measurements are 8 3/4" and 15 3/4" from the
center of the spring eye is where they should be placed. Those aren't exact
numbers, but they should go on the 2 leaves that split away from the spring
pack; which makes the front 1/2 of the spring pack effectively stiffer and
harder to wrap up.